I finally signed Kyle up for swimming lessons this summer. He loves the water, but still couldn't quite figure out how to hold his breath or really do anything in the water. Our local community pool offers lessons so I signed him up. He's been taking lessons in the evenings the past 2 weeks. Last night was supposed to be his last lesson, but it was cancelled due to a storm. So he may still have one more that will be rescheduled . . . not sure how that works yet. The program director will contact us soon to let us know.
Anyway, Kyle did a great job! He's holding his breath, going under the water, jumping in the pool, doing the back float on his own for 30 seconds, using a kickboard to kick and swim blowing bubbles, and occasionally with his face in the water. They also practiced swimming arms but he hasn't quite put all that together. That will be for the next level of swim class which he will definitely be ready for next time. He was also very fortunate that his class was very small. All the other levels had 6-8 kids but his class was just him and one other girl. One night she wasn't there so he had a private lesson. I think this helped him pick things up even faster since he got so much one on one attention. I was so impressed with how quickly he picked everything up and he was very proud of himself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment