Saturday, June 20, 2009

Germantown Indoor Swim Center



Saturday I had planned to take Kyle to Bohrer Park's outdoor swimming pool. We woke up to rain and thunderstorms, though, so we decided we'd head over to the nearby indoor swim center. I'd heard good things about their leisure pool with splash areas for kids, but we'd never been there. They have open swim for the general public from 1-3pm on Saturdays. Of course when we walked out the door a little before 1:00 the rain had stopped and it was sunny outside, but they were calling for thunderstorms again later so we just stuck with the new plan. It turned out to be a really fun experience! The place is huge and Kyle was a little overwhelmed at first, but once he got comfortable he had a blast! He's never been in anything besides a "baby" pool before so this was a whole new world to him. The more adventurous he got, the more nervous I got, but he did great! By the end he was getting better at holding his breath. He went on a small water slide a couple times. And he mostly wanted to stay in the 3 ft. area of the pool which made the water pretty much up to his neck. We had "races" and he told me "Look, Mom, I can really swim!" Of course he wasn't actually going under the water :). He was just bouncing and hopping along while moving his arm in swim-like motions and making a face like he was holding his breath above the water. It was really cute! I wish I could have gotten a picture of that, but he pretty much needed constant supervision, so I just got pictures of him in the 6 inch water area and I got one picture of what the place looked like inside. It was nice because the water went gradually from 6 inches, to 1 ft. 6 inches, then 2 inches, 2 ft. 6 inches, and 3 feet. It was super crowded, but we had a lot of fun and he can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Wow, is that blue tubing up top the slide? That looks like a lot of fun!