Here are some pictures I found of some of the many and varied tracks that Kyle has set up over the past year. Most of his tracks are built with assistance, however he always makes his own modifications in order to fit with whatever storyline he is creating at the time. His passion for trains is still as strong as ever. Not a day goes by that we don't set up at least one track and the stories he reenacts and creates are quite elaborate. I don't know of many 3 year olds who as a part of their everyday play vocabulary say things like "he went crashing into the ravine" and "he applied the brakes but couldn't stop." :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's some serious train vocab! Alexander is definately not like that, but my cousin's son was like that at 3 and now, at 5, he reads at easily a 3rd grade level. I've seen him read dinosaur names with no trouble and he can read chapter books. So with the way Kyle can already recognize words and spell names, I'd say he's on the same path for genius!
heehee. What a sweet boy.
My sister bought the boys the new thomas dvd and they talk about it all day long and how the bridge crashed into the ravine and oh no watch out Thomas! Too cute. :)
Post a Comment